The Adobe Captivate Foundations program is a hands-on workshop that covers everything you need to know to create visually rich and highly interactive e-learning.
Cost (Classroom) : $900 ex-GST
Cost (Online) : $600 ex-GST
- 2019 dates listed below(no dates scheduled currently)
- Each session is a live online 1.5 hour session facilitated by John Stericker
- Registered learners will receive exclusive access to the live classroom sessions on the dates and times listed below
- For more information, visit our announcement about our new online offering
We currently don’t have any dates scheduled. Have you considered our online class?
Here are some of the benefits of our online class;
- No carbon footprint from travelling
- You still get a live facilitated session with John (our Captivate trainer) teaching the class.
- You can participate from the comfort of anywhere you like, except the beach, we wouldn’t want you to get sand in your laptop.
- We space the normal 2 days across a number of sessions to maintain engagement in an online webinar environment
- We record very virtual session so you have life-time access to the specific course sessions you attended.
- We still provide the same post course support as you would get with the face-to-face offering
- We can quickly tailor the training to suit your experience and objectives
- Follow up webinars are a piece of cake.
- So far in 2019, we’ve trained a dozen students via virtual classroom from a wide range of industries and locations, from Melbourne to Brisbane, and in between.
- There is one disadvantage;
- We won’t be supplying refreshments or mints (sorry) but we could send some in the post if you really wanted us to!
We are happy to consider interstate travel (from Sydney) for special requests, and will factor in carbon offsetting costs into the quotes.
We can provide custom Captivate and eLearning consultative training which focuses on your specific projects.
Either 1:1 or group consulting for either you or your team.
Think of it as your own personal Captivate coach, guiding you through the workflow to help you get the most out of the software.
Please contact us for rates and more information.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Understand the terminology used when developing eLearning with Adobe Captivate
- Develop an eLearning module using Adobe Captivate
- Know which options to choose in Adobe Captivate when publishing eLearning modules
- Demonstrate inserting images into an eLearning module using Adobe Captivate
- Apply techniques to evenly align and space objects on a slide
- Create a quiz in an eLearning module using Adobe Captivate
- Develop interactive activities in eLearning modules using Adobe Captivate
- Understand the related technologies that are interwoven into the design and development process of an eLearning module using Adobe Captivate
- Upload an eLearning module to a Learning Management System
- Learn techniques and processes to efficiently preview and test eLearning modules using Adobe Captivate
We take a project-based approach by building an eLearning module from scratch. Within the first hour, we will be underway with our Captivate project. As we go, we teach you what you need to know at the time, without inundating you with advanced features and tools that you won’t need until later in the course.
We view the course as a practical building process. Day 1 includes the basics of creating a Captivate project and adding content. Day 2, we recap the basics before diving deeper into some more advanced features.
On Day 1, we learn key concepts, integral features, and discuss all things eLearning;
The complete eLearning Journey
- What is eLearning
- Types of eLearning
- Types of Captivate projects
- Your role as the developer
- Resources to support discussion
Planning your project
Getting to know Adobe Captivate
- Navigating an existing Captivate file
- Previewing a project
Creating a Captivate Project
- Working with Slides
- Working with images
- Working with Objects
- Understanding the Library
- Formatting & Styling
On the second day, we review what we learnt on Day 1 and expand on key concepts as well as exploring some powerful advanced features for added interactivity, it covers;
Advanced Actions and Variables
Creating Drag and Drop interactions
Mastering Master Slides
Creating Quizzes & exploring the different question types
Table of Contents
Testing, Previewing and Publishing
Working with PowerPoint and Captivate
The course is facilitated by our Adobe-certified Captivate Expert and includes 12-months of post-course email support.
Want to further your skills?
John is an Adobe Certified Captivate Expert and Instructor with over 15 years of eLearning and Development experience, specialising in eLearning design, development and delivering training programs.
He is an enthusiastic developer and facilitator of training programs with the following industry certifications;
- Adobe Certified Instructor in Captivate
- Microsoft Certified in Microsoft Office Project 2007, Managing Projects.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
John is a passionate course leader, who will ensure you walk away with the confidence and skills needed to master Adobe Captivate.
The course cost is for two days is $1,200 + GST and all workshop attendees will receive:
- Course guide, written by John Stericker, Adobe Certified Captivate Expert and Instructor
- Ongoing post course support and mentoring from John
- Exclusive full access to our soon to be released online Adobe Captivate course which covers the classroom course content, and more.
If you’d like to find out more details and register your interest please click on the link below.
We take a unique approach to the 2 days training focusing on building a real-life example that you can take back to your workplace and start using straight away. We dive straight into Captivate at the beginning of Day 1 and by the end of the first day, you will have a working draft file. On Day 2, we expand on what we learnt on Day 1, and explore some more advanced features and concepts to create a truly engaging and interactive learning experience.
On Day 1, we learn key concepts and basic features, it covers;
– Working with Objects
– Using the Timeline
– Adding interactivity
– Using the Properties panel
– Previewing your project
– Importing from PowerPoint
– Inserting Online video
– Using Audio
On the second day, we take what we did on Day 1 and expand on key concepts as well as exploring some powerful advanced features for added interactivity, it covers;
– Recap of Day1
– Review individual projects
– Incorporating Software Demos and Simulations
– Drag and Drop
– Different types of questions and when to use them
– Introduction to Advanced Actions and Variables
– Publishing and uploading to an LMS or web server
– Sending for Review
- Adobe Authorised Certificate of completion
- Resit your course for free within 6 Months
- Course leader is an Adobe Certified Expert with over 21 years experience
- Small class size (maximum of 10 attendees)
- Training Guide Participants eBook
- On-going Email and Telephone Support from Learning Plan
- Free access to the Learning Plan Adobe Captivate resource center
This course is designed for anyone who is currently using or looking to use Adobe Captivate to create eLearning content, typical attendees include:
- Instructional Designers
- eLearning Developers
- Multimedia Developers
- Technical Writers
- Learning and Development Professionals
- HR Professionals
- Subject Matter Experts
Why Choose Learning Plan’s Adobe Captivate Course?
Our training focuses on more than just how to use the software, with the following benefits:
- Delivered in a unique blended programme format which will ensure better learning outcomes for participants.
- Hosted by a course leader who is an Adobe Certified Instructor, Adobe Captivate Certified Expert and experienced eLearning professional.
- The course material has been designed and written specifically for current industry needs and best practice.
- Access to an exclusive online community, including the Learning Plan Adobe Captivate resource center and on-going professional development webinars
- Free on-going support
- Free re-sit of the course
- Provided by an award winning eLearning company
- Create and take away your own Master Theme for your organisiation.
- Learn the time saving tips which will save you hours of work as well as the tricks to ensure your course is sustainable
Public and private courses are now available. To make an individual or team booking or learn more about Learning Plan’s Adobe Captivate Foundations Course simply call us on 1300 415 343 or complete this form.
* indicates required field
Want to learn more?