eLearning: Planning & Design – Practical component
Design (not build) an Employee Induction program that will be implemented in our case-study organisation (see below).
This practical work is due at the end of the 5th week of this module. We wanted to give this to you now so you know what we are working towards.
There will be plenty of opportunity to create your document over the next 5 weeks of learning. We’ll talk more about this in the first class this week.
You need to produce a design document (or similar size presentation) demonstrating the design of a New Employee Induction Program.
You do not need to have completed eLearning: Foundations to complete this module.
The document needs to show how the learning experience will be built, delivered and experienced by new employees joining our organisation.
Your submission should aim to include;
- Storyboards (photographs of hand drawn pieces of paper is acceptable, and preferred)
- An outline structure of the learning experience. How will our learning solution be structured and spaced out?
- A summary of the analysis of the learning requirement based on the information provided below
- Include any other information that you may think could be included in this section of the document to justify your design decisions.
- Make reference to the requirements of a learning platform that would be suitable to house and deliver this type of learning solution
- Make reference to the different types of learning content, for example, you may include a “welcome video from the Head of the business (CEO, MD) welcoming new employees to the organistion” (you don’t need to produce this video, just reference it of it is to be included in your solution.
- Include some wire-frames of how the platform would look and how learners would interact with the platform (more on wireframes in the coming weeks)
- Include reasoning behind why you have chosen to design the solution a particular way and how this will influence the build and delivery
- Make references to the roles required to design, build and deliver the solution
- Include how accessibility is being considered across the whole solution to allow for any current or future requirements based on an open diversity and inclusivity policy.
This work needs to be submitted at the end of this course to achieve accreditation for this module.
We request you use a cloud document service to present your work (like google docs or office 365 or website blog),
If that is not possible, you can send as an attachment by sending the facilitator an email.
Allowing for a Covid or Post-Covid environment is up to you.
You have started work with a business (any type of company or entity), to design a new employee induction program for all employees (this could be any type induction or on-boarding). This company has not decided on the tools or platforms yet. These technologies can be assumed as part of the design. You can decide on the tools and technologies based on your own experiences. Your design here will influence the decisions around which tools and technologies will be considered. Include requirements for the tools and platforms, not the actual tools and platforms. i.e. “the tool must be able to to x, y and z, for these reasons”
You do not need to build the onboard induction, we do this in eLearning: Production & Delivery.
Project Name: Acme Corp. Induction Transformation Project
Acme Corp are looking at moving some of their training online. They have bought you in to design the new employee induction which is to be moved predominantly online. They appreciate that some aspects of an induction would need to remain face-to-face, hands on and practical.
Please make reference to the practical components in your design and how the online experience will feed into the face-to-face.
You can change the name of the company and project name if you wish.
Company size: 200 – 2000
You can decide on the company size depending on your own situation and how it is structured.
Please be sure to mention the company size in your submission and how structure may influence the solution.
The company operates across all states and territories in Australia. They have an office/warehouse in every state, and they have employees on the road regularly servicing clients or machinery.
You can adjust these details to suit your specific situation
Sector / Industry
You can decide on the industry / sector this company is in.
At this stage we are designing the experience based on unlimited budget. THINK BIG!