eLearning: Production and Delivering
With so many tools and technologies available to help us build and deliver our learning solutions, we may feel overwhelmed.
Tools and technology are used in all areas of the learning development lifecycle from gathering the initial requirements through to delivery and beyond.
- Collaboration and communication
- Designing eLearning
- Building our content
- Authoring our eLearning modules
- Delivering our learning
In this course we’ll be focusing on tools and technology used in the building, authoring and delivering phases and we’ll look at plenty of open source and free options to get help you get started straight away.
Knowing how these tools work and how they are used allows us to manage expectations, communicate clearly to all members of the project team and seek support when we are trying to troubleshoot.
Top 200 Tools for Learning
This list is always interesting to explore. Every year it comes out we are reminded of the vast landscape that these tools and technology make up.
A lot of these tools refer to people’s favourite ways to learn, as well as tools to create learning solutions.
These Top Tools lists now constitute an important and interesting longitudinal study not just into the popularity of tools for learning but into learning behaviour itself.
We’ve included Welcome videos to help settle you in to the learning journey ahead. Watch the videos in order, or pick and choose, it’s up to you.
Please note video 3 is different from previous courses as it relates directly to this course.
You may be continuing on from the AITD eLearning: Foundations course or the AITD eLearning: Planning & Design course, or starting fresh and welcoming you for the first time on the AITD eLearning: Production & Delivery course.
If you haven’t watched the videos already from a previous course, it will really help if you watched all of the videos to set your expectations and answer any questions you might have. A tour of the Curatr platform is at the bottom of the page, the last video.
The videos have a volume control near the cog in the bottom right and can be watched in full screen using the full screen button next to the cog.
1) In this video John talks through the tools he uses to create the videos.
(2 min 16 sec)
2) Quick summary of the other videos.
3) A look at the eLearning Production & Delivery course.
(4 min 28 secs)
4) Meet John, your tour guide.
5) How John got involved in facilitating the eLearning Masterclass.
6) A history of this course.
(1 min 26 secs)
7) John loves facilitating this course!
8) Where the learning content comes from.
(1 min 53 sec)
9) A tour of Curatr this video uses Module 1 as an example but applies to the overall Curatr experience regardless of the level.
We don’t have gates in this course.
(4 min 23 sec)